We offer trainings on cultural competence and related topics for mental health professionals, private agencies, non-profits, hospitals and town public health departments. Sign up for an upcoming training listed below or invite us for a private workshop at your agency in Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York.
Trainings with CEUs
These trainings are approved by NASW for Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and Psychologists in CT.
I. Cultural Competence Training (3 CEUs)
This 3 hour workshop prepares participants to define culture, explore biases and develop cultural competency skills. It provides the required CEUs for mental health professionals pursuing license renewals in Connecticut. Please click here... for training details.
II. Cultural Competence : Multicultural view at Parenting (2 CEUs)
This 2 hour workshop explores multicultural views on parenting, biases imposed on parenting and the difference between abuse/neglect versus cultural practices. It provides the required CEUs for mental health professionals pursuing license renewals in Connecticut. Please click here... for training details.
These trainings can be approved by NASW to provide CEUs upon request.
I. Cultural Competence Training for Nurses, Case Managers and Other Client Facing Staff
This 2 hour training provides a framework for all health professionals to respond to a diverse client base with increased awareness of personal biases, cultural knowledge and cultural skills.
II. Cultural Competence Training for Supervisors and Managers
This 3 hour training provides supervisors and managers an opportunity to reflect on their own work styles and biases. It provides experiential activities to explore ways of setting expectations, setting goals, assigning responsibilities, resolving conflicts and providing feedback to employees from diverse backgrounds.
III. Training on CLAS standards (Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services)
This is a 4 part training, with 2 hours assigned for each part. The training covers the 14 CLAS standards created by the Office of Minority Health. This training uses didactic information as well as experiential components to help agencies implement and comply to the CLAS standards.
We create and conduct customised trainings for agencies onsite on Cultural Competence and related topics. Please contact us for details and to arrange a training in your agency.
Please click here... if you need to register for a scheduled private training for your agency.
Recent Events and Workshops
Recent Trainings (open to Public)
- 08/25/17: Cultural Competence : Multicultural View on Parenting in Wethersfield, CT
- 06/16/17: Cultural Competence Training in Wethersfield, CT
- 05/19/17: Cultural Competence Training in West Hartford,CT
- 04/21/17: Multi-cultural view on Parenting in Wethersfield, CT
- 03/31/17: Cultural Competence Training in Middletown, CT
- 03/10/17: Cultural Competence Training in West Hartford,CT
Please click here... for full list of past trainings and client testimonials
Recent Private Group Trainings (for Agencies)
- 08/18/17: Cultural Competence Training for Case Managers for CT Family Services Agency, Rocky Hill, CT
- 08/11/17: Cultural Competence Training for Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, Torrington, CT
- 06/23/17: Cultural Competence Training for Case Managers, Town of Stratford, CT
- 6/23/17: Cultural Competence Training for Licensed Clinicians, Town of Stratford, CT
- 05/12/17: NASW Annual Conference, CT
- 05/10/17: Cultural Competence Training for New Reach, New Haven, CT
- 02/03/17: Cultural Competence Training for Associates for Resolution Therapy, Southport, CT
- 01/24/17: Cultural Competence Training for Jewish Family Services, West Hartford, CT
- 11/12/16: Cultural Competence Training for Collaborative Counseling Group, Greenwich, CT
- 10/20/16: CLAS standards Training for Family Centered Services of CT, New Haven, CT
About The Trainers
Sukriti Kushwaha, LMFT, Ph.D
Sukriti is a New York-licensed marriage and family therapist, with a Doctorate in Emotional intelligence. She has worked in the human services field abroad and in the United States. She has taught post-graduate counselling courses, worked as a school counsellor, and worked for various nonprofits and private practices. Her current focus has been on issues of immigration, acculturation and challenges faced by minorities. She develops and conducts trainings on cultural competence and related issues for non profits, hospitals, corporates and private mental health practitioners. She is an approachable clinician and trainer with extensive experience in working with different cultures and diverse populations.
Ivette Betancourt, LMFT
Ivette Betancourt a licensed Marriage and family therapist with a private practice in Wethersfield, CT. She has had experience working with a variety of cultures in a variety of settings for over 30 years. She has worked for the Hispanic Health Council, Department of Children and Families and a number of non-profit agencies in the Hartford area as a clinician and an advocate for families. She earned an award from the Connecticut Council of Family Services as a Family Champion Clinician in 2013. She is regularly published in the magazine, “Imagen", on issues that affect parents and families of Hispanic heritage and was featured on it's cover in May 2016. She has presented in Univision in the show of "Analeh", on grief. She has appeared in the radio show on WRYM 840 AM, discussing issues on raising children in two homes. She is engaged in creating and conducting trainings on cultural competence and related issues for non profits, hospitals, corporates and private mental health practitioners. Her empathic approach and great sense of humour make her an effective clinician and trainer.